Green Shakshuka May 29 2020
A play on the traditional shakshuka, this flavourful, bright green dish is going to be your new favourite breakfast for dinner.Ingredients:
flatbread or pita
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, leeks, garlic, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until translucent and soft (about 5 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, add parsley, coriander, red chili, 2 Swiss chard leaves, ½ cup olive oil, ⅓ cup water, and salt to blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Add Swiss chard to skillet and sauté for 2 minutes. Once chard has wilted, combine the herby green paste into the skillet, and stir until well combined.
4. Lower heat and use a spoon to create 6 small wells; crack an egg into each well and cover with lid. Let sit for 4 to 6 minutes until whites of eggs are cooked.
5. Serve with mint leaves, chilli flakes, salt, and your favorite flatbread or pita.