Our version of the perfect Greek salad. February 02 2023
We love a chopped salad and live for freshness and health - this is our version of a traditional Greek salad. We've popped some Meredith marinated goats cheese on the top because we love it!
Greek Salad is a staple in Mediterranean cuisine and is loved for its simplicity, fresh ingredients, and delicious flavor. Our household loves to enjoy this chopped salad as a side dish or as a light meal on its own. Not only is it packed with crunchy vegetables and healthy fats from the olive oil, but it's also super easy to prepare for a dinner for one or a dinner party of eight.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large cucumber, cut into thick slices
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly slivered
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 4-6 pieces of Meredith marinated goat cheese
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Wash and dry your vegetables.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges, cucumbers and green capsicum into thick slices, and red onion into thin slivers.
- Place the cut vegetables and olives in a bowl.
- Season the salad with salt and drizzle the olive oil and red wine vinegar over the top.
- Toss to coat the vegetables.
- Top with the Meredith marinated goat cheese and a sprinkling of dried oregano.
- Serve immediately.