Super Food Detox Salad February 06 2023
Get ready to fuel your body, mind and gut with the ultimate combination of nutritious ingredients in our Super Food Detox Salad! This salad packs a punch with semi activated almonds and kale, we think, two of the healthiest and most flavourful ingredients you can find.
These almonds are a step up from regular almonds. Soaking them removes phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors, making them easier to digest and allowing the body to absorb all the goodness, like healthy fats, protein, fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
Kale is the king of leafy greens and for sound reason. It's loaded with the good stuff, including antioxidants, vitamins K, A, and C, and minerals like iron, calcium, and potassium. Plus, its high fibre content make it a top choice for anyone looking to maintain a healthy diet.
So, dive into the Super Food Detox Salad and get ready to feel your best!
- 2 cups blanched chopped kale
- 1 cups chopped raw broccoli
- 1/2 cup soaked raw almonds, chopped
- 1 finely chopped chilli
- 1 cup cooked black pearl barley (cooled)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped coriander
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 lime, juiced
- Maldon sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Blanch the kale for a minute or two in boiling water, then rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Remove the kale from the water and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Remove the stalks from the kale and chopped into 1.5 cm pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the blanched kale, raw broccoli, activated almonds, chopped chili, black pearl barley, coriander, and avocado.
- Squeeze lime juice over the salad, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss everything together until well combined. Serve immediately and enjoy!
To properly soak your almonds, put them in a bowl and cover with filtered warm water. Let the bowl sit on your countertop overnight or for 8-12 hours. Then, drain and rinse the almonds and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
Our version of the perfect Greek salad. February 02 2023
We love a chopped salad and live for freshness and health - this is our version of a traditional Greek salad. We've popped some Meredith goats cheese on the top because we love it!
Birthday Grilled Peach Salsa March 22 2021
Those who know me know that I am one of many Pisceans in our friendship group and so for the month of March we tend to eat with friends a lot. We discovered this darling salsa during one of our impromptu Birthday dinners, we’d been eating so much over previous days we all felt like we needed something a little bit fresh to go with our Birthday champagne! It was perfect!
- 6 peaches ripe but firm peaches
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red cayenne chilli, minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped into 1 cm pieces
- 2 limes - juiced
- 1 pinch Maldon salt flakes
- Handful chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Heat a char grill pan on medium-high heat and add a little olive oil.
- Cook peaches for 2 minutes each side or until they have the nice char lines on them from the pan.
- Cool for 2 - 5 minutes.
- Cut into 1cm pieces.
- Combine the cayenne chilli, red onion, tomato with the peaches.
- Squeeze over lime and season with salt flakes.
- Let sit for 30 minutes (optional).
- Stir though the coriander leaves .
- Enjoy with corn chips, friends and champagne!
- Pony Black
Green Shakshuka May 29 2020
A play on the traditional shakshuka, this flavourful, bright green dish is going to be your new favourite breakfast for dinner.Ingredients:
flatbread or pita
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, leeks, garlic, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until translucent and soft (about 5 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, add parsley, coriander, red chili, 2 Swiss chard leaves, ½ cup olive oil, ⅓ cup water, and salt to blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Add Swiss chard to skillet and sauté for 2 minutes. Once chard has wilted, combine the herby green paste into the skillet, and stir until well combined.
4. Lower heat and use a spoon to create 6 small wells; crack an egg into each well and cover with lid. Let sit for 4 to 6 minutes until whites of eggs are cooked.
5. Serve with mint leaves, chilli flakes, salt, and your favorite flatbread or pita.