Are you dirty or perfect? November 17 2020
No confusion here - we love a little olive brine in our martini - that puts us firmly in the dirty camp, but for martini purists out there, there is no shame in being perfect.
Martinis, like a classic white shirt - need personal touches to make it your favourite and ‘go to’ for cocktail night.
This easy, elegant cocktail combines dry gin, vermouth and green olives
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 150ml London dry gin
- 25ml dry vermouth
- 6 green olives, pitted, plus 25ml of the brine
- Put two martini glasses in the fridge to chill.
- Thread the olives onto two cocktail sticks and set aside.
- Fill a shaker or mixing glass with the ice, then pour in the gin, vermouth and olive brine. Stir until the outside of the shaker feels cold.
- Strain the mix into the chilled glasses and garnish with the olive skewers.
OR if you prefer to be perfect, the following might be more your style.
Ingredients: (Serves 1)
- 60ml vodka or gin
- 1 tbsp dry vermouth
- olive or lemon peel to garnish
- Chill your glasses.
- Stir the gin or vodka, dry vermouth and a little ice together or put them in a cocktail shaker to combine.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass. Serve with an olive on a cocktail stick or a twist of lemon peel.