Super Food Detox Salad February 06 2023
Get ready to fuel your body, mind and gut with the ultimate combination of nutritious ingredients in our Super Food Detox Salad! This salad packs a punch with semi activated almonds and kale, we think, two of the healthiest and most flavourful ingredients you can find.
These almonds are a step up from regular almonds. Soaking them removes phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors, making them easier to digest and allowing the body to absorb all the goodness, like healthy fats, protein, fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
Kale is the king of leafy greens and for sound reason. It's loaded with the good stuff, including antioxidants, vitamins K, A, and C, and minerals like iron, calcium, and potassium. Plus, its high fibre content make it a top choice for anyone looking to maintain a healthy diet.
So, dive into the Super Food Detox Salad and get ready to feel your best!
- 2 cups blanched chopped kale
- 1 cups chopped raw broccoli
- 1/2 cup soaked raw almonds, chopped
- 1 finely chopped chilli
- 1 cup cooked black pearl barley (cooled)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped coriander
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 lime, juiced
- Maldon sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Blanch the kale for a minute or two in boiling water, then rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Remove the kale from the water and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Remove the stalks from the kale and chopped into 1.5 cm pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the blanched kale, raw broccoli, activated almonds, chopped chili, black pearl barley, coriander, and avocado.
- Squeeze lime juice over the salad, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss everything together until well combined. Serve immediately and enjoy!
To properly soak your almonds, put them in a bowl and cover with filtered warm water. Let the bowl sit on your countertop overnight or for 8-12 hours. Then, drain and rinse the almonds and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.