Birthday Grilled Peach Salsa March 22 2021
Those who know me know that I am one of many Pisceans in our friendship group and so for the month of March we tend to eat with friends a lot. We discovered this darling salsa during one of our impromptu Birthday dinners, we’d been eating so much over previous days we all felt like we needed something a little bit fresh to go with our Birthday champagne! It was perfect!
- 6 peaches ripe but firm peaches
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red cayenne chilli, minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped into 1 cm pieces
- 2 limes - juiced
- 1 pinch Maldon salt flakes
- Handful chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Heat a char grill pan on medium-high heat and add a little olive oil.
- Cook peaches for 2 minutes each side or until they have the nice char lines on them from the pan.
- Cool for 2 - 5 minutes.
- Cut into 1cm pieces.
- Combine the cayenne chilli, red onion, tomato with the peaches.
- Squeeze over lime and season with salt flakes.
- Let sit for 30 minutes (optional).
- Stir though the coriander leaves .
- Enjoy with corn chips, friends and champagne!
- Pony Black
Margaritas in a Tasmanian Winter. August 11 2020
We find that our lime tree provides us with so many limes over Winter that is has become a yearly tradition to enjoy a margarita or two in the depths of a Tasmanian chill. I like to crank the heat up and pretend it's summer - call me a denialist - but it gets me through the cold.
2 parts blanco Tequila (we used Espolon - mainly for the pretty label)
1 part Cointreau
1 part freshly squeezed lime juice
1.Chill your glass
2.Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass before rolling it in salt.
3. Put a handful of ice and all of the ingredients into a shaker, then shake hard for about 30 seconds to chill the liquid really well
4.Strain the mix into the glass being careful not to disturb the salt rim.
Hot tip - You'll want to enjoy in moderation.